7 Simple Ways to Improve Your Appearance (MTF Transgender / Crossdressing Tips)
Do you think looking your best as a woman means you need a head-to-toe makeover – or even feminizing surgery?
Looking beautiful often comes down to a few simple changes.
Of course, the basics are important. Nice hair and makeup, flattering clothes, and a reasonably fit body are a great starting point.
But beyond that, it’s the details that make or break your feminine image.
Want to look better right now?
Here are 7 simple ways to improve your appearance:
1. FIND YOUR BEST LIPSTICK SHADE
One of the easiest ways to improve your appearance is to wear lipstick. A Manchester University study proved that women are perceived as more attractive when they wear lipstick – regardless of the rest of their appearance.
The secret is to wear the right shade of lipstick. Here are two quick tips for selecting your best shade:
- Use your eyes as a guide. For the most flattering look, your lips should be the same intensity as the iris of your eye. (The iris is the colored part of your eye.) For example, if you have light blue eyes, wear a light shade of lipstick. If you have dark brown eyes, a deeper shade will be most flattering.
- Do the fingertip test. To easily test lipstick shades, put different colors on your fingertips and hold them against your mouth to see which looks best.
2. GROOM YOUR EYEBROWS
Your eyebrows literally create the frame for your face. For better or for worse, they have the power to transform your entire look.
The good news is that there’s a lot you can do to shape and feminize your eyebrows – even if you can’t pluck. Check out this eyebrow tutorial for more info.
3. INVEST IN A GREAT BAG
Women often judge each other based on their handbags. After all, why do women in certain circles pay thousands of dollars for the latest “it” bag?
I’m not saying you need to buy a Gucci purse, but investing in a quality handbag will add polish and style to your appearance – while giving you fashionista status among other women.
The truth is, physical attractiveness often comes down to good grooming. One of the keys to good grooming – and a feminine appearance – is to get rid of excess body hair.
You already know that your beard, chest hair, and hairy legs have to go. But don’t forget about the less obvious spots, including your:
5. WEAR THE RIGHT SHAPEWEAR
The right shapewear can have a dramatic effect on your silhouette. It smooths out excess flesh and helps to feminize your proportions.
The best shapewear for you depends on your outfit and how much shaping you need. Consider investing in the following garments:
- Control top pantyhose. Perfect for smoothing out your trouble spots, they also add polish and definition to the legs.
- Waist cincher. Use this when you need extra shaping in the middle and want to carve out an hourglass shape.
- Shaping camisole. Wear one under your everyday clothes to smooth your belly and love handles.
|Control top pantyhose||Waist cincher||Shaping camisole|
6. WHITEN YOUR TEETH
Yellow teeth dull your appearance. Don’t underestimate the impact of pretty white teeth. A white smile brightens up your entire face!
I suggest using a whitening toothpaste daily and doing a whitening treatment every six months. There are some great at-home options, including:
- Crest 3D Whitestrips
- Dr. Song Home Professional Teeth Whitening Kit
- Rembrandt Intense Stain Dissolving Strips
7. GET ENOUGH SLEEP
They don’t call it beauty rest for nothing. A lack of sleep shows up on your face – no matter how pretty and feminine you look.
Didn’t get enough sleep last night? Try this free guided mediation and take a 20 minute beauty nap!
SMALL CHANGES ADD UP TO BIG IMPROVEMENTS
The bottom line is that there are a LOT of ways to improve your appearance without having to invest in a new wardrobe, hire a transformation service, or go under the knife.
Little changes can have a big impact on your feminine image!
These 7 tips are a great place to start, but now I’d like to hear from YOU …
What are YOUR best beauty tips? Please share them with us in the comments below.